I am so happy to have gotten my 5th graders back this year after two years of teaching a 2nd-4th grade combo. 3rd-5th has been my sweet spot for a few years and I am so excited to be back. But, with that said, I needed to make my center activities a little more robust for the class. I needed to add in some activities that included some decimal math activities. Our second unit for the year involves addition and subtraction with decimals, so I have created an addition and a subtraction game that has the theme of sports. I am going to build this out with an entire series of games for the four basic operations all surrounding the theme. I am not going to tell you yet what all the sports themes are, but for now, let me introduce you to my first part of the series, my addition game.
Addition with Decimals Center Game
This game is simple to set up with very little cutting. It is mostly a print-and-go style game. The bright oranges really add to the overall basketball theme in the game
No comments:
Post a Comment