How to play Dots & Boxes
I like to either laminate or slip these into a sheet protector so I can use them again and again. Each student will use a different colored whiteboard marker. They will select a set of multiplication facts to practice (number of fact set is located on the top left of each game board). Students roll a 12-sided die, multiply it with the number on the top of the sheet, and find that number on the board. They will draw a line between two of the dots that are around the product. Take turns rolling and connecting two dots. If you complete a square, write your initials inside it. That is one point for you. At the end, whoever has drawn the most boxes wins.
Tips and Tricks for Dots & Boxes
One thing I like to do is use this as a partner game. I find that if I have more than 2 students together, it can get a little bit noisier than I would like while I am working with small math groups.
Last Thoughts
You will have this game ready to go in no time. Just print and go. Your students will be practicing their math facts in no time with this easy-to-play game. What are you waiting for? Snag this one today and make your life a bit easier. You will no longer be asking, "What will my students do while I am in small groups?"
You can find it right here. You will also find a link to a short video that shows how to play.
Happy playing!

No comments:
Post a Comment