Wednesday, December 21, 2022

12 Days of Christmas Day 7: Teacher Gift Ideas

Sometimes it can be hard to find the right gift for your teacher. You only know them inside the classroom and do their likes and dislikes may not be something you are totally familiar with. Here are a few ideas to spread some holiday cheer at Christmas. 

1. A Drink and Snack: Find out what type of hot drink your teacher likes. Bring a cup of peppermint hot chocolate or some other tasty drink from Starbucks along with a treat and card. It is simple, but also something that will put a smile on their face right away. I'm sure it will relieve some of their holiday stress and help them make it through the most crazy time of the year.




2. Handmade gift: Teachers love kids, I mean that is why they teach in the first place. Handmade gifts can be a meaningful option because teachers realize the time that went into it. I have had students paint things for me, make me a keychain with my name on it, and many other things. It is so sweet knowing that my student spent time thinking about me and making me something special. They are always super proud of their gift when they were involved in making it. 




3. Favorites: Have your teacher fill out a sheet that lists out their favorites. You can ask what their favorite drink is, color, snack, restaurant, store, etc. Then you can purchase one or more items from the list that tie into their favorites list. 

4. Gift Card: Some think a gift card is not personal, but personally from my experience, teachers love this option. A gift card allows teachers to use it to purchase something they would like. You can be sure it is a gift that teachers love.

5. Class Gift: Sometimes, a room parent or other parent in the class gets the students to all go in together for a bigger gift. Once a couple parents in my room pulled their resources together and sent me to a spa for a facial....it was my one and only facial and I appreciated getting pampered with something I never would have done for myself. At my old school, one of the other room parents had all the parents send in money or a gift card. The room parent put them all together on a wreath and presented the gift card wreath to the teacher. I thought that was a really fun idea. 




However you choose to treat your child's teacher, they will most definitely appreciate the love and thought behind it. 

Happy gifting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment