Tuesday, December 20, 2022

12 Days of Christmas Day 5: Christmas Art


I love doing special art projects during Christmastime. One of my favorites is to give my students a long sheet of white paper cut in half length-wise. It is tall and skinny and the perfect size to create their very own nutcrackers. Nutcrackers are a staple of Christmas. You literally see them all over the place. They come in so many different styles, so students can be super creative. 




It is fun to see how each individual child in my classroom puts their own spin on it. These two are from my own children when they were in my class. My daughter was in my class when I taught 3rd grade. I taught my son for three years, but he was in second when he drew the one on the left. Both of my kids are now in middle and high school, but these are among their treasured papers from each grade that I keep in a box for them. 

For this art project, we used Art for Kids Hub's video. It is a draw along step-by-step video and I just pause it frequently so the students can have more time. Then each student gets to decorate it in their own way. You can check out the video we use here

What art projects do you do each year at Christmastime?











No comments:

Post a Comment