Tuesday, December 20, 2022

12 Days of Christmas Day 4: Easy Christmas Ornaments

Do you make ornaments with your class? It's something I enjoy doing. I have made ornaments with handprint snowmen, minion bulbs, baby Jesus ornaments (I teach in a Christian school) and this year we made two fun popsicle ornaments. 

This year, we made popsicle stick nutcracker ornaments. These were pretty simple until it came to doing the faces. We didn't have the right type of paintbrushes and those little hands had a bit of a challenging time getting things just right, but I really liked these despite them not being perfect, they still turned out cute. I found the directions at this blog over here. 


Next up was a super simple ornament that cannot be messed up. I got a box of colored popsicle sticks and glued them into stars ahead of time. The students took a colorful piece of yarn and tied it to one stick. Then they wrapped it around the popsicle stick however they chose. Afterwards, they dipped small pompoms into glue and scattered them around the star. The results were really very cute. I could not find the exact star I made, but I found the directions to one that is similar, but without the string. You can find the directions here.  
 


Christmas ornaments are a fun tradition in many classrooms. They end up as priceless treasures for years to come. My mother-in-law still hangs my husband's egg carton bell, he made more than forty years ago, in her tree. I just helped my parents unpack their old ornaments after moving back to the states after 25 years as missionaries. While digging around, I found a plastic canvas ornament I made way back. 

Whatever ornaments you choose to make with your class, be sure to have the child sign the back and write the year. Details about family heirlooms are often forgotten. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment