Wednesday, December 21, 2022

12 Days of Christmas Day 6: Classroom Giving


Gift giving can be so fun. It is fun to see the excitement of my students when I give them a gift, no matter how small. This year was no exception. Lately, I have been doing a small gift bag. This year's bag included a candy cane, some candy, a tube of hashtag blocks, and a pack of silly putty. Even though it is super small and simple, the kids were ecstatic over it. They have mentioned before in class that they wished they could keep some hashtag blocks, so I thought this would be just the thing for them this year. 




Some other fun things I have given over the years have been books. I love to find dollar chapter books at Scholastic and gift one to each student. 

One year I have students a large Peanuts Look and Find book with a Peanuts character 10 color pen. 

Also this year, as I have been doing every year, I gave my students a pack of coupons that allows them to have certain privileges within the classroom like a day with no shoes, skip an assignment, be line leader for the day, etc. I know it has become something they look forward to because I was asked if they were going to get a coupon book this year. An added bonus is that it is completely free. 

You do not have to spend a lot of money or even any money at all to show your class how special they are, but they will appreciate your efforts and be excited about it no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment