Even though I am working in a self-contained classroom in a small school (we have 3 teachers K-8), I am excited that we decided to do some electives together instead of independently. I was named the "art" teacher for the school, and I have big plans. I am having so much fun. I love the project we recently finished in my 3rd-5th grade class and are finishing up in the 6th-8th one next week.
We created these super cute graffiti walls. Students used a graffiti generator online to write their names. They took a screen shot on their Ipads and then traced it with tracing paper. They used tongue depressors and hot glue to build fences. At this point they could decide to paint their backgrounds or keep them plain. Afterwards, they used carbon paper to trace their names (that were written on tracing paper) onto their fences. Then they used paint markers to color their names. They could add some designs to their fences if they wanted to.
Finally, we painted some foam to look like grass, cut a slit in it and glued in their fences. Then they added plants and rocks. They turned out so cute and the students loved them too.
Here's a little peek at the ones that are done so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment