Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Math Game Monday: Rounding Round Up

Rounding is a vital skill to math success. Beginning in third grade, students start to learn the ins and outs of rounding to the 10s and 100s places. One great way to get students excited to learn and keep them practicing and honing their skills is through games. Rounding games perfect for doing all of this. 


Rounding Games for Third Grade

Every time I have a challenging math skill, I love to create activities that bring it to life, make it hands-on, and help students enjoy learning. One of my favorite ways to do this is by creating math center games for different required math standards. 

In this set of math games, students will practice rounding to the nearest ten and hundred. This set of games has a cohesive theme (western/rodeo) making them fun to play. There are 5 different games to help students solidify this important skill. I find that even students in higher grades can benefit from this game. Rounding is a challenge for most students and that can happen in any level. 

Setting Up Place Value Games

You will need to print and cut out the games. I always suggest laminating because it can significantly grow a games' lifespan from just one or two years to many, many years. While this is not a requirement, and adds prep time, in the long run it will save time because you can use this game for many years to come. 

What You Get in the Rounding Game bundle

You will get 5 games for just $5! That's $1.00 each, just a tiny investment with a huge payoff. 
 Here are the games you will receive.
  •  Rounding Round UP
  • Rounding Race
  • Round 'em Up
  • Round Up Four
  • Rounding Rodeo: An I-Spy Game








No comments:

Post a Comment