Friday, May 1, 2020

That was Then, This is Now


Back when I was creating magic in my classroom, I had so many plans. I had plans for several transformations in the last quarter. I left my classroom, heading off to spring break still seeing my Toy Story S.T.E.M. transformation hanging up in my classroom. We knew we were having some time off for the Coronavirus, but we did not know then what we know now, that we are not coming back this year. 

I have been back to the classroom about three times since, getting distance learning packets ready, looking at my Toy Story things, and removing it from the walls, remember the fun day of learning we had, not know that would be our last time together. I have not had the heart or motivation to take apart the Lego marble runs they made or put away my bins of supplies. It is heartbreaking to think that that was the end and we did not get to finish the year or say our goodbyes.

However, life has to keep going and we are doing the best we can. I am trying to add some spice to our Zoom meetings. We tried doing a Kahoot, which they love. That was a big challenge for some of the families to be able to get onto, but the students were so excited. It brought a sense of normalcy and something to enjoy. Lately, we have been doing science experiments. I learned after the first couple weeks, that we need to do our experiments together, or they may not get done. So, on Zoom, we've been learning about force and motion with some experiments using a unit I purchased from Gifted Teacher 305. She did a fun transformation using a NASCAR theme. We are using Hot Wheels and having a great time. 


As the school year ends, I want to end it in a big way, with lots of fun and bonding, even if it is across the miles. So, I am getting ready for a week of fun to end this year. With all the stress that our families are going through, we could all use a little fun. Here's what I am doing for fun. 







No comments:

Post a Comment