Friday, March 6, 2020

Partner Multiplication Game for Third and Fourth Grade: Race to the Moon

Partner multiplication games are such a fun way to get in extra practice of the dreaded process of learning those times tables. I love to create little games that make the learning fun. When I introduced this game, one of my fourth graders announced to me (in front of the whole class), "You always make the BEST games!" I'm not gonna lie, that made my teacher heart very happy. I want my students to LOVE learning and to have fun doing it. 

This partner multiplication game is called Race to the Moon. It is tested and tried by my very own class. They loved it (I'm sure the little spaceships have a lot to do with that fact). 

The reason why I love to use partner multiplication games vs. small group games is that:

1. It is so much quieter. Partners can sit close together and talk softly so I am not interrupted by noise while teaching another math group.

2. I also love that partner multiplication games are so quick and easy to play. Seriously, the directions are simple and the game does not take long at all. 

3. Another reason is that students get more practice than if they had to wait their turn for a whole group. 

If you'd like to try out a partner multiplication game like this one, check it out by clicking on the link right here.






No comments:

Post a Comment