Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Art to Keep Your Kiddos Creative

If you are like me, you are always trying to find ways to keep your kiddos from getting bored at home. I love having activities that they can choose to do and also time for them to just be creative. But with this whole COVID-19 thing going around, spring break is no longer just a staycation, it is a homecation. We're just not leaving home to do the fun activities around town this year and we are minimizing our time with friends who live nearby too. It's only been three days and with no end in site, I've heard, "I'm bored" more times than I care to admit. 

So I was especially relieved to see that some of my favorite people around the web were offering free art activities especially for kids and maybe you have already stumbled across them as well, but just in case, here goes.

Cassie Stephens is an amazing art teacher in Tennessee. She is super creative and fun and always has projects that I love. I have "copied" many of her assignments for use in my own classroom and they have always been a hit among the students...and parents.  

This week, she is offering a robot-themed art class everyday. And she is making it super simple so that people can use the things they have around the house with them. We have already completed her first activity and are ready for activity number two. Here's a picture of us at work. 


It is something that you can do right along side your kids. We enjoyed doing this together. You can find her first class here and her second one over here

Also, if you LOVE the Piggie and Gerald books as much as we do, author and illustrator Mo Willems is also offering classes that roll out each day at lunchtime. Check those out here and here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment