Monday, June 3, 2019

Just-a-Teacher-Starting-Her-Summer-Break

I'm just a teacher starting her summer break. Today was the last day I "had" to check in. We've been out of school for an entire week, but I had so much to do to get things cleaned up and to finish off the school year grades. 

I am moving and that always makes the clean up tasks more tedious. I have had to move classrooms the last three years. Last year my school closed and opened a new one, so that meant not only a move to a new room, but to a new school as well. This year, I am moving to a completely different school in a different town. It is not, however, completely new to me. I actually taught there nine years ago and am "coming home"! 

Not only am I teaching in a new location, but I am switching back to third and fourth grades, which I taught for eight years before teaching second for the last two. 

So today, I turned in my computer, my key, my report cards, and also my receipts. I took a few last pictures of my class...for old times sake (I've been in this community for the past nine years). Now it's off to new adventures with my family. 



Of course I promised the babes (poor teacher kids have to live at the school even when summer started a week ago) ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery to celebrate. It may be my favorite place...I cannot resist the cake batter ice cream with peanut butter cups mixed in. 



Here's to summer vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment