Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Valentine's Day

Are you looking for a quick an inexpensive idea this Valentine's day? If so, be sure to read on for a couple of fun ideas you can put into place immediately with little time left. 

For me, Valentine's Day would not be Valentine's Day without sharing some books in the classroom. Kids love listening to stories and over time, I have built up a little collection to help celebrate the day. None can ever measure up to my absolute all time favorite book, Somebody Loves you Mr. Hatch. It is seriously so good. I never tire of it. It is definitely my yearly MUST READ.



My next suggestion is to bring a treat to pass out. Last year I did a donut bar and my class LOVED it! I picked up some donuts on my way to work, added a can of pink icing, and some sprinkles and the students got to decorate and enjoy their own donut. Sometimes I bring homemade goodies too, which is even more cost efficient.  



If you have seen those tubes of hashtag blocks at Target, you know how much students love them. And their creativity is astounding! I love to use the Valentine sets for a hashtag block challenge. Students have a grid of different challenges that they complete. It is a lot of fun and for only a dollar per tube of blocks, it isn't bad....plus you can reuse them from year to year. 


Finally, I love to pass out Valentines. This year, I am giving these super fun Valentine envelopes that open up to reveal 8 coupons that can be used in the classroom for privileges. My students absolutely love receiving coupons from time to time, usually during holidays. 





If you need more ideas for celebrating Valentine's Day in the classroom, be sure to check out my older blog post here and here and here

And, if you are interested in snagging these little Valentine coupon envelopes, you can find them here

No comments:

Post a Comment