Sunday, September 19, 2021

Review of the Get Your Teach on National Conference: Day One


The disappointment was palpable as 2020's GYTO, to which I had scored tickets, was cancelled in Orlando, due to Covi-19. I gave up on my dream of being able to attend the GYTO National Conference. Months later, I found out that once again they were going to be bringing the National Conference to Orlando. It was perfect, I would be able to go after all. I could not have been more thrilled. I had been to a regional conference a few years ago, but this was going to be longer and I was going to be staying at the hotel, even if I was going alone. 


I arrived early on the day of the conference with plenty of time to get checked in, visit the GYTO merch sale, and walk around looking at the amazingly beautiful displays while dreaming about what the next three days were going to hold. 


Capturing pictures of my experience was of number one importance. There was lots of eye candy everywhere you looked. To say that the team went all out would be a major understatement. 
 

Love this greenery wall and wish I could afford to put one up in my classroom. 


This was the entryway to the keynote presentations. 


I was more than ready for this day. I had been counting it down since purchasing my tickets and it was finally here!


Getting to go to the meet and greets was a huge thrill! Love talking with educators that I admire on the teacher gram. Babbling Abby and Maniacs in the Middle were kind enough to pose with me for a picture (if my smile looks weird in all these pics, it is because I was trying to cover up the entire row of stitches that were along the entire row of my top teeth due to oral surgery).


During the regionals, I was in this Toy Story themed room and got to see STEAM Mania, which I was dying to do in my own classroom. I also saw it in action when Hope King was at the Ron Clark Academy. I have since been able to make that dream come true a couple of different times. You can see more about this here, here, and here


I was super excited to finally get my Wild Card book signed by the amazing Hope and Wade King. Last time I was at GYTO, I had forgotten it. 


Hope King is one of the educators I admire most and I loved getting another picture with her. Check out those cute pants! The theme was 60's, so it was perfection!


One of my regrets was that I totally did not even think to bring the book Unpack your Impact that was cowritten by Aprons in Education. Day one was low key, but ended with a bang with the keynote presentations by Deanna Jump and Dave Hollis, followed by a concert by an Elton John impersonator. Amazing Day one and the conference had barely begun!










No comments:

Post a Comment