Thursday, June 7, 2018

The End and the Beginning

This year marks not only the end of a year, but the end of an era at my school. After 100 years, our doors are closing. This summer, a brand new school is being built. I will be moving to that school next year. 

It felt weird packing up my classroom and moving things out. This school has been my home for the past eight years. My own babies started at this school and now will be going into 5th and 3rd grades. Locking my classroom door for the last time and turning in my keys seemed sad somehow.  There are just so many memories of this place.










I do look forward to the new school. It brings new opportunities. New challenges. It is stretching me to grow and learn. I am spending lots of time learning new techniques and mastering my craft. 





We will be using a Reggio method in the lower grades. We will also incorporate project and service based learning. I am excited to see what the new year holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment