Monday, September 18, 2017

Learning about Project Based Learning

For the past couple of years, I have been on a journey. Our school is transitioning to a project based learning model. I love these projects and how deep they go in building student understanding about a certain topic. This is one sure-fire way to get the students hooked on learning and excited about it. I am not kidding when I say that I have had students beg...yes you heard right, BEG to stay in from recess to do more work on their PBL (project based learning). I call that a HUGE win for every teacher. So I am sharing some of my favorite books that I have been reading on the topic. I encourage you to check them out as well. 

Setting the Standard for Project Based Learning
Hacking Project Based Learning
PBL in the Elementary Grades
Developing Natural Curiosity Through Project-Based Learning



No comments:

Post a Comment