Thursday, July 13, 2017

New Classroom Decor Sets

I know it's summer. I know I should be resting. I know I should be carefree and focused on not focusing on work, but... 

I know that I am going to be pressed for time when I start back to work on August first to get ready for my second graders. Because I am switching grades this year, I have a lot of things to do. I have my old classroom packed and I am waiting until I can move into my new classroom and get things settled in there. After I get settled, I will feel like I'm ready to tackle the year. In the meantime, I have been working on curriculum and prep work for starting class, even making copies. 

This year, I've been thinking about making things easier on myself and instead of doing a classroom theme, just doing a color scheme since I have to purchase a whole bunch of new things to set up my new and empty classroom. However, as all good teachers do late at night when sleep is evading them, I was thinking when suddenly the idea came to me to create a classroom decor set with llamas! I mean, can you ever go wrong with llamas? I should think not! This summer we redid my daughters room and her wall shows off a llama. (LOVE IT!)

So this morning, with my alarm set to 5:00, I got up and began working on designing a new classroom decor set around the llama theme. I am loving the colors and the artwork so much I think I may just have to fit this into my classroom decor. 

I am hoping to have it complete by the weekend and get it posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers by Sunday. I will keep you posted. But in the meantime, here's a little sneak peek. Let me know what you think.  



No comments:

Post a Comment